Can you please explain oxidative stress to me? I got that question a lot lately from my clients ! Also, I really don’t understand what free radicals are and why they’re so bad
Like an apple turns brown when exposed to air, our cells can “rust” when we breathe due to oxidative stress, a process caused by free radicals.
Free radicals are unstable molecules that damage or “oxidize” cells throughout the body in a process called oxidative stress. Over time, oxidative stress can leave our cells and tissues unable to function properly. According to anti-aging specialist Dr. Catherine Waller, this means that free radicals can have serious consequences for our health.
“They damage tissue, they damage our DNA, they damage our cell membrane,” Dr. Waller says. “They’re the cause of almost all of our chronic diseases.”
Because free radicals contribute to disease, hardened arteries and wrinkles, they’re often intertwined with the health problems we experience with age. Avoiding the causes of free radicals and adopting a lifestyle that helps you fight back against them can help you safeguard your health by preventing oxidative stress.
What Causes Free Radicals?
Free radicals are a byproduct of energy consumption in our mitochondria, the factories that produce energy in each of our cells. As we breathe, we can’t help but make some free radicals, but many other factors in your lifestyle and environment can also contribute to their production, like:
- Eating too many calories, sugars and/or refined carbohydrates. When we eat more, our mitochondria release more “exhaust,” creating higher levels of free radicals as they burn fuel from food for energy.
- Exercising too much or too little. Exercise is an important part of any healthy lifestyle, but too much can increase oxidative stress in our bodies. In general, more than 60 minutes per day is considered excessive, while less than 30 minutes five times a week is not enough.
- Excessive alcohol consumption. Drinking alcohol increases your levels of cytokines, inflammatory molecules that are linked to oxidative stress.
- Exposure to tobacco smoke. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 toxic chemicals that lead to oxidative stress.
- Exposure to air pollutants. Allergens and industrial pollution increase oxidation in our bodies.
- Excessive stress. Stress and the stress hormone cortisol increase inflammation, which further increases free radical production.
- Ionizing radiation. Exposure to the sun, x-rays, radon, hair dryers, cellphones, airplanes, electric blankets and waterbed heaters can contribute to oxidative stress.
- Eating charbroiled foods. These contain polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which can contribute to oxidative stress.
- Exposure to fungal toxins. Environmental molds (like those in bathrooms and basements) and internal molds and fungi (those related to your gut) can produce toxins that increase oxidative stress.
- Poor liver and gut detoxification. When the liver becomes overwhelmed with toxins from food (like when you eat too much sugar) or the environment (like exposure to pesticides or mercury), it becomes inflamed and produces more free radicals.
- Chronic infections. Dental infections and chlamydia can cause hidden infections that contribute to oxidative stress.
- Lack of sleep. Sleep deprivation increases oxidation.
How Can You Prevent Oxidative Stress?
Preventing oxidative stress can begin by avoiding the causes of free radicals above. You can also prevent free radical formation and control oxidative stress by:
Improving your breathing and oxygenation
This will help your body flush out toxins, free radicals and inflammatory molecules.
Eating foods that reduce oxidation
Many foods contain antioxidants (like vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and polyphenols) that are major factors in protecting us from free radical damage. To avoid oxidative stress and inflammation, it’s important to eat a diet full of many different colorful fruits and vegetables that contain these antioxidants. A nutrient-poor, calorie-rich, high glycemic, antioxidant-deficient diet should be avoided.
This a major means of taking care of oxidative stress and it’s very effective with the use of Ruzu Herbal Bitters.
Introducing Ruzu Bitters.
Ruzu is an incredible amazing Herbal Wonder, a nature’s pure miracle. It is 100% herbal and combines 3 ingredients with 1,500 years use history to form herbal supplement that is a strong antioxidant, antibacterial and antiviral mixture. Ruzu Bitters is highly effective in taking care of life style diseases linked with the mess of oxidative stress. Not only is this proven by testimonies, but confirmed by research.
The greatest strength of Ruzu and why it assists in solving several health challenges is by attacking the root of the illness or disease. It had been proven by scientific research that almost every ailment is caused by the release of free radical from our systems, Cancer to Heart disease, Stroke to Ulcers; Diabetes mellitus to Rheumatoid Arthritis all have their root from free radicals over time.
They can attack DNA, leading to dysfunction, mutation and causing cancer. They can also attack enzymes and proteins and disrupting normal cell activities or cell membrane producing a chain of reactions and destruction.
The drugs we take also produce harmful effect as a result of free radical generated. The same thing is applicable to alcohol, processed food, cigarette, industrial pollutants, smoked and barbecued food, deeply fried foods, food containing harmful chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides are all potent source of free radicals.
Although the human body generate antioxidants to combat the effect of these free radicals but the oxidative stress developed during the production of the free radicals exceed the capacity for the body to counteract it which leads to many illnesses including the 0nes listed above which may as well result to organ damage.
That is the good news from Ruzu Bitters. It does not only mop up the free radical that contributes to the oxidative stress, but repairs organs damaged by it. This is the greatest strength of Ruzu Bitters and why it helps in solving numerous health problems by attacking the root cause.
Truly, Ruzu Bitters is Nature’s Pure Miracle. Give your body the boast it needs to combat oxidative stress.